Monday, June 25, 2012

End of an Era

The last two weeks of June, 2012 mark the end of an era for my work with Dramatic Problem Solving. I am conducting my final 3 workshops with the University for Peace's Center for Executive Development. This relationship, which began with a phone call and meeting with Mohit Mukhergee, has been a great source of exploration and development for myself and the process. I have had the chance to work with people from all over the world and all walks of life. They have all been great teachers for me, putting their energy into self and gorup exploration, being guided by this stranger who just walked in and is suddenly asking them to do silly things and take risks with their thoughts and emotions. It has always impressed me that they have been so willing and able ot jump in to the process. I think that this speaks volumes to the sense of safety, centeredness, and importance that Mohit brings to each workshop. It has been a true pleasure to work with such a professional. I certainly hope we can bridge this work into our next chapters, wherever they may be.
I sincerely want to thank all of the participants from over the years. The final workshops have been great. The work we did with the Outward Bound group on Saturday June 23 was some of the finest work you can do in a short workshop.
It is with melancholy that I say goodbye to these workshops which have been a constant in my life for the past 6 years. But, I do know that my work is better for it. I have learned a great deal as a facilitator and a public speaker in this time. My story has been honed. My craft has been crafted. My life is clearer and fuller for having this experience. Thank you.

2 comments:

Marg Weigel said...

All the best to you, Steven, as you create the next chapter in your 'forerunner' story - bringing hope, courage and innovative ideas to those with whom you come in contact. We look forward to hearing and seeing parts of this next adventure in India - you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care!
Margaret and Paul
www.thisiswisdom.com

Mohit said...

Steven - it's been tremendous working with you. We'll miss you tremendously here in Costa Rica and at UPEACE, but I'm sure that our relationship will cross continents, especially now that you're going to be in India! All the best to you and your family in this new chapter.
My warmest regards and in gratitude of all that you have given the UPEACE Centre's groups over the last 6 years,
Mohit