Friday, September 4, 2015

Ready, Not Ready

I sat looking at a blank wall with two figures on it. Both were shadows. Both were me. One was dark. One was light. the dark one was covering the left side of my shadow, the right side of my body. The light one was open on the right side of my shadow, the left side of my body. I could see the shadow on the wall. Yet, I know that it does not exist as any real thing. I accept that it is a perception. A trick of shadow and light. But, in the end, what are we except tricks of shadows and light. Having this realization brought me to a greater place of feeling that we are beings and nothingness. We are here and gone. Duality.
So, when I face challenges and do not know what to do, it is not something I should be very upset about. And sometimes I know just what to do. Even about the same challenge. I am ready. And I am not ready. The most important thing is to know that it is shadow cast on the wall. That the sun or the candle or the light will shift and new shadows will come and go. All things will pass and all things will stay. I have been deep into Buddhist nature lately and am seeing things for what they are and aren't often. This is really helpful in accepting and letting be what is. 
And so, I am ready and not ready for whatever may come to me tomorrow or even tonight. 
Having wonderful moments of laughter and touch and present feelings. 
Here is my poem for today:
Ready, Not Ready

I, sitting alone
with overlapping shadows
ready, not ready


1 comment:

Tony Gaskew said...

Aren't we all Buddhist in the core of our souls.